Getting involved with your child’s school activities is an important part of our efforts to build our community. Involved parents get to know and experience our vision first hand that will translate into a more in depth experience of the education process of their children.
As part of VWCS community you get the opportunity to join our committees that will serve year around our three committees are:
This committee is responsible for creating service opportunities for our community. Families that serve together, grow together and impact our community in profound ways! I’d love for us as a school to have at least four service projects…at least one of them being internally at the school. This committee has the potential to also be the group the rallies around a family at the birth of a child, loss of a loved one…to serve families in crisis. Half of the families at the school are not members of Victory, so they don’t have a small group to help them through crisis. This is a great opportunity to love folks who are new Christians.
Group Service Events (Things we’ve done in the past):
- Raised money (Change for Change campaign) for Lifelink school in Nicaragua
- Raised money to buy curriculum for school in Sierre Leon, Africa
- Can food drives to fill up the Norcross Co-op
- Angel Tree gifts for Christmas & gifts for families at the Dream Center
- Participation in weekend projects as part of “Hands on Atlanta”
- Children growing out their hair to donate for Locks of Love
This committee is responsible for organizing and implementing social opportunities for our community. Families that play together, stay together and create memories that last a lifetime. I’d love for us as a school to have at least four social events/opportunities. I’d like the social committee to also be the “catering” component of some of our standard events, such as the Christmas musical, the honors program, and field day.
Dates that have been reserved for an activity are:
- VWCS Family Game Night Night, 9/16 at 7 p.m.
- VWCS Christmas Musical, 12/4 at 4 p.m.
- VWCS Valentine’s Dance, 2/10 at 7 p.m.
- VWCS Family Talent Night, 3/16 at 7 p.m…..so folks suggested we could also make this a chili cook-off competition or do something related to St. Patty’s day.
- VWCS Family Night, 4/13 at 7 p.m. TBD by the committee
- VWCS Honor’s Program, 5/11 at 7 p.m. *
- VWCS Night of the Arts, 5/18 at 7 p.m. *
- VWCS Kindergarten Graduation, 5/23 at 6:30 p.m. *
For all of these events we need:
Pre-event planning, advertising & shopping
Set up of the room/cafeteria for food
On-site MC or coordination (announcements, etc.)*
Clean up after the event (vacuum & take trash to the dumpsters, launder linens).
The primary role of this committee is to identify creative fundraising opportunities. This committee makes recommendations to the board and, once approved, organizes and implements each phase of the fundraiser. The support committee plays a key role in the life of the school, increasing our ability to better serve our students. A fundraising background is not necessary – just a passion for our vision at VWCS! However, anyone with fundraising expertise is encouraged to join the committee so that we can maximize every opportunity for support. Other avenues of fundraising include:
- Retail Fundraising – earning points at Publix, collecting Campbell’s Soup Labels and Box tops for Education, and joining VWCS for Chick-Fil-A Spirit Nights
- Annual Fund – helping parents promote our vision and values by participating in the Annual Fund
- Capital Campaign – assisting with “The Future is Here Middle School Campaign” to add 6th, 7th and 8th grade classes to VWCS